What is it?
The Languages & Labels section within the Admin Console, enables a company to customise the following aspects of Proteus:
- Configure your own terminology for business terms against Proteus default terminology.
- Throughout Proteus there are forms allowing you to enter data. Custom fields allows you to add your own field to a form and configure what data is entered into this field.
Why is it needed?
Every company is different. The Language & Labels section really helps a company feel familiar with Proteus: this is where you can change the labelling to match the systems your company currently uses.
How do you edit?
- Place the cursor opposite the default label in the 'Modified' column. The text 'Add value here' will appear.
- Type the new value.
- Click ‘return’.
- Multiple labels can be edited and they will remain in the draft status. This means they have not been changed throughout your Proteus.
- To change throughout your Proteus click ‘Publish’.
The terminology can be changed back to the original by:
- Individually by clicking the Back to Default text in the appropriate row.
- Universally by clicking the Back to Default All button at the top.
Add Custom Fields
Click ‘+ Add New’.
Type the ‘Field Name’.
- Add a 'Descriptor' if required. This is in note form.
- Set the 'Type' of entry. Proteus allows three types of field; Text, Number or Date. By selecting the appropriate type, the user will be required to enter the information in the correct format.
- Select the 'Module' will be added to. Proteus allows you to add a field to the Company, Contract, Opportunity, Proposal or Project form.
- Check the 'Required' box if you want to make this information compulsory.